Thursday, April 5, 2012

Births of our first two...

So let's see about paraphrasing the next several years...we had our first son, at my mom and dad's house, and Suzi was not allowed at the birth. All of my family was there, my husband's mother and several ladies from church saw me through the 13 1/2 hrs of pushing the entire time, our 10 lb. baby into my arms...what a blessing, and I'm thanking Jesus as soon as he's crying, and they're all telling me to be quiet! I still remember the stale smoke smell, that's how I knew my dad was there, and he was congratulating me (at my head of course) Suzanne was allowed to come see her nephew on an evening that my mom had pre-approved where we weren't likely to get visitors. It was church or a wedding, I'm uncertain which. We took a few pictures of them together, but then she had to go. I was cared for over 10 days at my dad and mom's house. My first born was born in the same house I was born in!
Fast forwarding two years and three months later...
Son number two was born at my parents house (new location) as they finally made the move to Oregon City like most of the other congregation we belonged to. Even though my wordly sister in law was not allowed at my first baby's birth, she'd came back to church, so she was technically allowed, but my oldest sister opposed the idea by protesting she couldn't go if Suzanne were there, as per her husband's rule. Come to find out, that was a lie...her husband denied saying she couldn't go when my husband confronted him about it. So...to keep the peace, Suzanne didn't go. I honestly to this day, feel badly about this decision. But, I wasn't a wave maker like my husband had been accused of being.
Suzanne was allowed to come visit, without secretly sneaking her in like we did the last time I gave birth to her nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment