Tuesday, April 17, 2012

proud parent moment(s) & Grace

This past week, I was incredibly blessed with my husband's mother spending time in our home with me and my children. My husband took our oldest son on a college visitation trip during his spring break from Wednesday to Saturday. When they arrived back home, at 1am Sunday morning, we all got some rest for one of the biggest events in our family.

My oldest son, Lucas, earned his Eagle Scout badge from Boy Scouts of America. We celebrated his achievement with his Eagle Court of Honor on Sunday along with some family, his troop members, and some friends from a bit further away. It was such a joyful occasion!



The ceremony was full of smiles, laughter and even a few tears.


Precious time with our friends and family that we'll never forget. After the cake had been eaten, and the soda had been drunk, we packed up all of the stars and scouting memorabilia, and headed home for a sweet visit with an out of town friend and my husband's oldest brother.

It's good to have family around. Family is a vital part of our lives. I have, over the years, adopted family members into my family (figuratively) and been adopted into a few families of my own...the biggest one, being God's family. I am more than happy to share my testimony of God, His son, (Him in the flesh), and the Holy Spirit that dwells in me with anyone who would hear, see, or believe.

This is a joyous time for our family, praying for what lies ahead for our son(s) & daughter, hoping for God's Grace and Mercy to be lavished on them as they grow in the Lord.

Please pray for our family, that we can SEE God's Mercies and Graciousness in our daily lives, sharing them through the fiery trials, temptations and tribulations we face as believers in Christ Jesus. My prayer for you is that if you DON'T know Jesus for who He is, what He did/does for us, that you please open a Bible, read it, pray for your eyes to be opened and your heart to receive God's Grace as he wipes your sins away...or, contact me shumag6@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment